Friday, February 25, 2011

8 Month MIle Marker

Today I am officially 8 months.  This date seemed so far away and now it's here.  Update:  Pregnancy is going well.  Tested negative for gestational diabetes and had a ultrasound on Monday.  Baby Luciano is about 4 lbs now!  He will probably double in weight in the next 8 weeks.  Great for him, not for my back or hips : )  Watching him on the screen has got to be the best feeling ever.  He was so cute!  We saw him yawning and sucking his thumb.  He loves to move and jab at my ribs especially at night.  I am so excited to meet him and hold him in my arms. 

We have two more weeks left of school for this term and have several papers due plus some projects.  So, we are going to be super busy.  After this term, we will have a week long break which will be great timing to get things ready for the baby. 

Also, I had a great surprise at our Communidad potluck on Wednesday.  They have a surprise baby shower for Luciano.  We celebrated this little one that sleeps in my womb with cake and gifts.  He now has a fancy new swing, some cute clothes, and some much needed items from his registry.  We are so thankful as a family to be surrounded with such amazing people who care and who also wait anxiously to meet him.  Communidad has been a place of amazing people who continually love and challenge me.  I am so glad we found them...

Jason and I celebrated 3 years of marriage on Feb. 24th.  We went to dinner at a nice french restaurant where our server bought me a desert because he thinks that pregnancy is amazing.  Nice little perk.  Jason gave me a two different handmade (not by him) necklaces that represent our family.  One has a little tree with our birthstone beads and the other is peas in a pod where each colored bead represents each one of us.  I hope Luciano stays put until April. We also have fond memories of Malta and find it interesting that Malta is in the news lately. 

Well, more to come when I can squeeze in a break again...

No comments:

Post a Comment