Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Holidays & Baby Shower Planning

We had a full house of family and fun.  My parents, brother, cousin, and three nieces came for a visit.  We had fun but time with them was so short.  On Christmas day, we were also joined by Jason's mom, his sister, her husband, and their 2 year old son.  Angelo spent his vacation in Georgia visiting his biological mom.  He had a great time.  He was able to see a few friends from Augusta which really meant a lot to him.  He spent Christmas in Louisiana and was able to see the devastation that still surrounds New Orleans.  He was missed here in Denver but we had a nice family Christmas when he returned yesterday. 
Luciano is growing and moving lots.   It is exciting watching him (and my belly) grow.  He has not settled into any wake/sleep patterns yet.  We are slowly trying to figure out our lives for the next few months because they are going to be intense I'm sure.  Jason and I start school on Thursday.  I feel that I really did not get a break at all but I'm ready. 
Baby Showers are in the planning stages:  One in Texas in a few weeks (the last few weeks that I can travel) and one in Denver for school friends in March so far.  We are working on the registry but I feel kinda lost.  I don't really know what I am going to need.  Never done this before so I feel totally clueless.  Rebecca and Melissa will be helping me with this part.  Thank God for Girlfriends! 
On a personal note:  My parents had to leave early back to Texas due to illness and then a death in the family.  Sweet Tio Chilo will be missed greatly.  Also, I am reminded of the death of my grandfather that was this time last year.  I hope and pray that my little Luciano will follow in the footsteps of these great men who impacted so many. 

No comments:

Post a Comment