Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Expecting Father

Jason has been super amazing. Every time I turn around, he is there with a glass of water. I bought him a book called, The Expecting Father - What to Expect and he has been reading it while giving me tips.  I was alone at the doctor's office when I first found out and I had no idea how to tell him.  I wanted to do something cute and special but my head was going crazy.  He called to check up on me and I had to pretend like things were cool.  When I left the hospital, I thought that I would drive to campus and buy a DU onesie and have him open it up.  The only problem was that I had no idea where the bookstore was.  So I drove to Barnes & Noble, picked up a blank card with cute birds in a tree and wrote:  "Our Family Tree is Now Plus One.  What a happy day!  After such a long road we thank God for this gift, Our gift!  I can't wait to do this with you, the man I love.  Signed, a mommy-to-be."  So, I know that Hallmark will not be knocking down my door asking me to write verses for their cards, but it is what came out at a time of absolute bliss and a hurricane of emotions.  We talked about the Italian name Luciano which means light.  I love it and it's shared by Jason's grandfather.   In addition, I just found out that it was also the middle name of my grandfather Pedro Montoya.  We will have lots of time to finalize that detail but it's fun to think about.   Jason has proven to be a great father so that really makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment